Scott Burgess CEO David Lawrence Centers for Behavioral Health 6075 Bathey Ln Naples FL 34116 Listedbuy.
com 239354xyz X CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER OPPORTUNITY TO CONTRIBUTE TO LIFE-SAVING WELLNESS! FULL BENEFITS, 401K & OUSTANDING FINANCIAL TEAMWelcome to David Lawrence Centers for Behavioral Health (DLC), where we provide life-saving and life-changing
behavioral health care through the help of the industry's most skilled professionals. Headquartered in Naples, Florida, DLC is a respected leader in the behavioral health field, providing comprehensive and innovative mental health and substance use treatment services.
Celebrating over 50 years of service to the region, DLC is a not-for-profit organization, overseen by a volunteer board of community leaders, and is accredited by The Joint Commission. Serving adults, children and families, DLC provided more than 300,000 prevention, intervention and treatment services in the last year. The CFO is responsible for all aspects of financial health for our non-profit behavioral healthcare organization with an annual revenue of over $26 million, including reporting, budgeting and variance monitoring. This position serves as a vital partner and contributor to the rest of the Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors in providing keen financial and strategic insights for consideration to enhance organizational performance.
POSITION DETAILS: Primary Responsibilities: Directs the preparation, review, and distribution of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, budgets, monthly budget variance reports, tax returns, and regulatory agency reports. - Consults with Executive Leadership Team, evaluates current operations of organization, makes recommendations for improvements, develops plans, and implements necessary changes.
- Works with Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors to develop strategic plans, determine priorities, and implement tactics to support the organization's mission. - Ensures performance of all departments they are responsible for are operating as designed. - Supports other Executives and departments with financial and operational expertise as requested. - Ensures timely annual independent financial audit and tax returns are completed with minimal adjustment to internal financial reporting. - Calculates variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Responsible for delivering a system of management cost reports. - Provides financial analyses as needed, for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations. - Works closely with the Chairs of the Finance and Investment Committees. - Serves as a committee member of the DLC Employee Retirement Plan. - Serves on the Board of Collier Housing Alternatives and Housing Alternatives of SWFL. - Works with Board Treasurer and Investment Chair to oversee all banking/treasury functions: Monitors the activities of investment managers. Ensures adequate ongoing operating funds and lines of credit are available.
Ensures all liquid assets are safekept and accessible only by those so authorized. Collaborates with the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Director of Human Resources to assist in the evaluation, procurement, and ongoing monitoring of all employee benefits, including health/dental and retirement plans. Supervisory Duties: Oversees Accounting, Billing, and Collections Departments including the review, negotiation, and execution of third-party payer contracts. - Responsible for coordinating the annual preparation and ongoing monitoring of departmental financial budgets to ensure organizational goals are being met.
- Ensures financial information and results, both internally and externally, is communicated in an accurate and timely manner. - Works with Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer to monitor each department's financial performance to ensure budget variances are addressed and communicated as needed to Finance Committee of the Board. - Maintain an effective system of accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls. - Supervises the activities of the Accounting Department to ensure timeliness and accuracy of: Payroll processing and payments to organizational vendors.
Fee for services recording plus gifts and other income. Deposits for collection of fees for services. Donations and fund-raising activities. Reconciliation of accounts, accruals and adjustments, and reporting. Responsible for the negotiation and timely execution of third-party payer contracts. - Oversees the operations of the Billing and Collections Department ensuring that all bills for services and collection practices are compliant with regulatory standards and payer contracts and that collections are received in accordance with payer contracts in a timely manner.
Compliance Responsibilities: Implements and monitors all systems of internal accounting controls: Mitigates the potential for fraud. Ensures safeguarding of assets. Provide confidence in the accuracy of financial reporting. Ensures supervisors and staff are educated about and monitored regarding contractual and regulatory matters that impact daily operations. - Consults with Executive Leadership Team, Compliance Officer, and if necessary, legal counsel to determine best approach to insure accurate and timely notification to agency or company with full disclosure and plan of correction should compliance concerns arise.
- Ensures all historical financial records are maintained safely and securely, with ease of access by authorized personnel along with external auditors and outside regulatory agencies. - Responsible for the evaluation and procurement of appropriate property and casualty insurance to mitigate the risk of loss. FOR CONSIDERATION: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance = Required. - Master's Degree or CPA = Strongly Preferred. - 5 years of experience in a similar role = Strongly Preferred. - Staff supervisory experience = Required.
- Experience in reporting, both verbally and in writing, to internal management, boards, and external agencies = Required. - Proven negotiation, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills = Required. - Professional communication style, both verbal and written = Required. - Dedication to the organization's mission, standards, procedures and protocols = Required. - Dedication to the organization's mission, standards, procedures and protocols = Required. - Staying compliant on all trainings and immunizations = Required. - Ability to pass a Level II DCF Mental Health Fingerprinting, Drug Screen and Local Criminal Check = Required.
- Healthcare/Non-Profit/Mental Healthcare Experience = Preferred. - Clear/Active FL Driver's License = Required. LOGISTICS & COMPENSATION: COMPREHENSIVE benefits outside of competitive salary include: Exciting 401(k) w/Employer Match. Employer Paid Life/AD&D. Generous PTO & Paid Holidays. Diverse discounts with local businesses. DLC-sponsored Health & Wellness Initiatives Including EAP. Extensive Tuition/Licensure Reimbursement Plans/Loan Forgiveness. ADDITIONAL REWARDS: DLC is a symbol of hope for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly residing in Southwest Florida who struggle with mental health and substance use challenges.
Through DLC's work, lives are saved, families are kept together, children succeed, homelessness is reduced, quality of life is returned, and dignity is restored to those in need. Together we can inspire and create an environment that empowers people towards transformative wellness to achieve what is possible! -How to -Apply: If you are interested in making a commitment to providing exceptionally compassionate care and making a powerful difference in the lives of our clients and their families, you may contact: Diana Snover Director of Human Resources Listedbuy.
com mhca is a results-oriented organization that operates in a fast, flexible, and focused mode. We take pride in the purposeful and productive involvement and participation of our members. Because mhca is composed of members who share common visions and priorities, we are able to quickly determine our objectives, commit the necessary resources, and accomplish our goals.
Location: Naples, FL